I don’t know about you, but I love pancakes. It’s why Pancake Day is one of my favourite days of the year –– honestly. That’s why I am always on the hunt for ways to make eating pancakes a little bit more healthier –– so I can justify having them more often! Then I stumbled across banana pancakes.
At first, I thought banana pancakes were just normal fluffy pancakes with slices of banana in them. Turns out, this is not what they are at all. Banana pancakes are a healthy way to have pancakes, without using flour or oats or any other stoggy ingredient –– it’s made using only three ingredients. You can’t get any easier than that. That’s why these bad boys have become my latest Sunday breakfast go-to. I can enjoy some scrummy, healthy pancakes guilt-free, every single week!
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium eggs (preferably free range)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of baking powder
- Mash the banana with a fork in a bowl
- Beat the two eggs in a separate bowl, then add the eggs to the mashed banana
- Add the vanilla extract and pinch of baking powder to the bowl, then mix together thoroughly.
- Using half the batter, spoon two pancakes into the pan. The mixture may spread a little, so don’t be too generous with your spoonfuls.
- Cook the pancakes for 1-2 mins on each side, or until golden brown, then tip onto a plate. Repeat the process until you’ve used up all the batter, adding another ½ tsp oil in between batches to prevent sticking.
- Put your pancakes onto a plate, garnish with nuts, berries, golden syrup, fairy dust –– whatever takes your fancy. Then enjoy (obviously taking the mandatory Instagram photo beforehand)
Interested in trying out your baking skills some more? Head over to the Food section for more recipe ideas!