Pancakes, pancakes oh wonderful pancakes. I do love them! I could have pancakes for breakfast, brunch, lunch, even dinner! There are endless ways to dress them up and down, make them savoury or sweet, simple or fancy. After making French crêpes and of course my healthy banana pancakes, this time I’m tackling fluffy American style pancakes. You know the ones I mean – light, fluffy and enjoyed best drowning in maple syrup, butter or golden syrup. Yum.
Mouth watering? Mine too. So, without further ado, here’s my easy fluffy pancakes recipe for you to try out and enjoy. You’re welcome. Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
RELATED: Easy French Crêpes Recipe
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml full fat milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Then add the caster sugar and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a whisk, beat until you have a smooth batter. Once it’s fully mixed, leave the batter stand for a few minutes on the side.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a generous knob of butter. When the butter has melted, add a ladle of batter to the pan. When the top of the pancake begins to bubble, turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. The pancake should have risen to around 1cm in height.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter. Keep the cooked pancakes on a plate in a heated oven so they will all be hot when you serve them.
- Serve them as you like – with maple syrup, fresh berries, caramelised banana slices, fresh cream or just butter and sugar. Whatever takes your fancy!
RELATED: Healthy Banana Pancakes Recipe
For all my fellow bakers out there, there is plenty more where this came from! Head over to my Food section to find more recipes to try out. If you have any suggestions for my future bakes, let me know in the comments! Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it easily later on.